“Are Pore Clogging Ingredients In Your Skin And Hair Products Making Your Acne Worse?”
There are 2 main things that clog the pores:
1. Trapped dead skin cells
2. Products containing comedogenic ingredients in soaps, cleansers, facial wipes, body washes, moisturizers, suntan lotions & sunscreens, make up and hair care.
What does comedogenic mean?
Comedogenic means the tendency of a topical ingredient or product to increase the buildup of dead cells and oil within the follicle (pore) eventually resulting in solidified plugs or comedones.
Comedogenicity in products are ingredients that clog pores. When a pore clogs, a small bump (comedone) develops. This can then lead to pimples and acne.
Do you notice worsening of acne or excessive oiliness after using certain products?
Acne cosmetica is acne caused or worsened by the use of comedogenic or inflammatory cosmetics or products.
Here’s how clogged pores were first explained to me…
Think of the dead skin cells constantly shedding from the walls of the follicle (pore) as flakes of oatmeal lining a drinking glass. Because of the hereditary tendency to retain cells and because of this type of skin’s oiliness, the flakes of dead cells naturally stick to the sides. Now imagine pouring oil down the sides of this glass filled with oatmeal. Imagine how the oil would make the oatmeal sticky and clump together.
Is one area more clogged than others?
Blush or Lip line acne
Is a type of acne cosmetic, with multiple closed comedones in the blush or lip line; caused by comedogenic pressing agents and/or dyes in the blush or lipstick. Almost every red dye is comedogenic! These dyes are derivatives of coal tar, which is extremely comedogenic. These are the D&C dyes, the more red your blush or lipstick is, the more likely it is to contain a comedogenic dye. Look for the more natural mineral pigments of iron oxide or Carmine, they won’t be as vibrant & are more expensive but are non-comedogenic.
Is bumpiness in the skin of the forehead and around the hairline. Every hair care product should be evaluated for comedogenic ingredients.
Are flares of acne without comedones, and can result from hormonal flares or acnegenic products causing follicle irritation.
Some marketing statements may be misleading…always check the ingredients list.
“Oil-Free” “Water-Based” “Non-Comedogenic” “Won’t Clog Pores” “All Natural” “Mineral Make Up” does not necessarily guarantee there are no comedogenic ingredients in the formulation.
And not all comedogenic ingredients feel oily.
Sodium lauryl Sulphate is the worst pore clogging ingredient- it leaves an undetectable film on the skin and is found in most of the cheaper cleansers, body washes & shampoos.
Bismuth Oxychloride is another one and is found in many mineral make up brands!
Are Natural Oils Good For A Clogged Skin?
For example; Coconut oil, cocoa butter, peach kernel oil, linseed oil, grape seed oil, olive oil, & sesame seed oil are all comedogenic.
Feeling Frustrated, Confused, Betrayed? Let Me Help…
There are around 100 comedogenic ingredients to look out for. If you are prone to clogging and would like your current products checked, please send me an image of each product and I will be able to tell you whether to toss or keep.
In saying that, comedogenic ingredients do not affect those who are not prone to clogging, so feel free to give them to someone who can tolerate them.
Did You Know…
1. EB Cosmedicals™ Medical Grade Skincare products are the newest and most sophisticated generation of skincare prescribed by professionally educated skin experts. They contain greater percentages of performance or active agents that have been clinically proven to correct not only past and present concerns, but have the ability to provide prevention for the future. Now that’s an investment in your future skin health…that’s value for money.
2. You get EB Cosmedicals™ at wholesale price? 30% off!
3. Our products are Paraben Free, Eco- and vegan-friendly, Cruelty Free and have No Animal Derived Ingredients
4. You get FREE registered post shipping.
5. You Are Protected By Our Industry Best 30 Day Money Back Guarantee… States That Either You’re 100% Satisfied, Or Your Money Back—It Really Is That Simple. And We’re Giving You 30 Days To Test Drive Our Products And Premium Level Of Service To Prove It To You! As Your Personal Consultant I Am Here For You. If There Is Anything I Can Do, Please Contact Me And I Will Ensure You Are Taken Care Of Immediately.
6. We are gradually adding an EB Naturals Collection- these products are part of our holistic, Eco- and vegan-friendly line, Certified Organic / Paraben Free, Essential Oil Fragrances / Earth Derived Mineral Colours, Eco-Friendly Clean Manufacturing Practices, Cruelty Free / No Animal Derived Ingredients. So far the following products fall into this collection: Pure Mineral Mist, Lip Smoothie, Solar Defense Mineral Moisture Crème, Mocha Java Body Scrub and Grape Skin Hand Revitalizer.
7. We also have a Refer-a-Friend to EB Cosmedicals™ Products Program. Good Friends Share Beauty Secrets-That’s Why We Have “Give $50, Get $50” A Program That Rewards You And Your Friends For Using Our Products. It’s As Simple As It Sounds! Refer A Friend To EB Cosmedicals™ And When They Place An Order Using Your Personal Refer-A-Friend Coupon Code (that you will receive with your first order), You’ll Receive A $50 Credit Toward A Future Order. Your Friend Will Also Receive A $50 Credit!
8. You’re Invited! Please become our Facebook fan. Get all the latest news, tips and updates as well as access to VIP benefits, coupons and contests. Click here https://www.facebook.com/EBCosmedicals
We always recommend a one-on-one personal VIP Skin Consultation first so we can completely understand your skin. If you are able to come into the Dianella Studio for a FREE Photographic Skin Analysis (valued at $100) please click here, I would love to see you 🙂
Book Your FREE Photographic Skin Analysis
This is not always possible due to distance so here is a link to our FREE online skin consultation.Book Your FREE Online Personal Skin Consultation
To your skin health success,
Sonia Ford, Lead Consulting Therapist
Exclusive Beauty/ EB Cosmedicals™
PS: almost forgot, our Guarantee: if you are not delighted with your treatment at Exclusive Beauty Studio, just say so and we’ll either re-do your treatment completely, or you get your money back, no questions asked! If you’re thinking about the embarking on a journey to sensational looking skin, try the EB Cosmedicals™ products risk free, we’re so confident you’ll love them, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee and a wholesale discount of 30%!. Now that’s definitely value for money.
Click Here To See What Our Clients Have To Say About Us….Read Our Testimonials
Do You Have A Question For EB Cosmedicals™?
Send it to: Sonia@ExclusiveBeautyStudio.com.au with “Ask EB Cosmedicals”, in the subject line and your question may be featured in an upcoming blog!
Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using our products.
The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should not use the information on this site for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. Always consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new products.
Results featured on this web site are atypical. As individuals differ, so will results. EB Cosmedicals distributes a product line made with natural and scientific ingredients. Always check with your doctor for risks associated with your specific health conditions and/or allergies.
© 2016 Exclusive Beauty/ EB Cosmedicals